Doomed to be Walloon

 

1. I am the true-hearted one, who in receipt got only betrayal and deceit. I am the puddle of tears that lie stagnant before your calloused feet.

2. I'm the one you fled in haste from, the one you never got to know. The one you feared and dreaded. True mirror of your soul.

3. I am the unrequited lover spurned and abused. Your rainy-day man for whom you had no further use.

4. I am the lover who has loved with all his soul and lost. The heart grown weary and worn. Love aborted and stillborn.

5. I am the drama of wasted life. The weary traveler through a valley of broken dreams, the mariner lost and tossed upon a seething sea of lies and artful alibis.

6. I am a stranger in a strange land, whose name is « no one. » Whose existence means « nothing. » Whose fate matters « not in the least. »

7. I am the unimportant, the unfelt, the unseen, the unintented, the unwanted, the unloved, the unfulfilled.

8. I am the specter on the outside looking in. The shadow in the corner of unmemorable motel rooms of forgotten wasted nights.

9. I am the waker to false dawns, the figure forever standing at the crossroads where all his days begin and end forlorn.

10. I am the end of the rainbow turned to mud, the « could have been », the « should have been », the « never was » nor « ever will be ». The « never to become. »

11. I am the face in dream you never quite could place. The voice in a fading melody soon lost to time and space.

12. I am the nightingale's strangled refrain, the bleeding pure white dove. The hummingbird shot down. A testament writ in blood.

13. I am the alone one, abandoned one, forsaken one, forgotten one, the nothing one, and so I fade away, destined for the dustbin of all your sorry yesterdays...

Peter Angermann : Die Beobachtung der Beobachtung
Changes / Der Blutharsch : Mountains of sorrow

Commentaires